12/14/13

What to Wear to the Daughters of the American Revolution Christmas Party

 Daughters of the American Revolution Christmas Party


by Kathleen Lisson

I wore my Abigail Aldridge fascinator to the Van Rensselaer Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution Christmas party at the Country Club of Troy.


Dress: JS Boutique Sleeveless Sequined Dress (Macys)
Necklace: Ross-Simons Amethyst & Diamond 


This fascinator has certainly expanded my wardrobe - I never bought purple dresses until I found this beautiful hat at the Hat Shop in Soho, NYC. Now I have several eggplant / violet / purple ensembles! I even have a set of Amethyst jewelry to match! 

Has a hat ever expanded your wardrobe?


Know a lady who loves to wear hats?
Please share this blog with her - it will make her day!
Want to feel inspired to wear hats? Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

5 comments:

  1. Kathleen, this fascinator is gorgeous!!! I love purple! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, and I got the most gorgeous blue cloche hat for Christmas which makes me want a blue coat!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always so nice and stylish. And you wear your hat so beautiful. I wish you a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fascinator is so strikingly beautiful. I love the delicate, timelessly pretty jewelry you partnered it with. I tend to opt for smaller/daintier pieces when my hat is the star of the show and vice versa, so I would have opted for similar jewelry if I was wearing that great fascinator.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, fascinators! My not-so-secret love. I love hats, too. I am trying to integrate them more into my everyday wear.

    I was wondering if you had ever been to Style Crone? Judith (who has amazing style) hosts a monthly hat link-up and I think your chapeaux would go brilliantly there. stylecrone.com

    I am so glad I found your blog! (via Patti's Visible Monday)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!