11/26/13

What Hat and Dress to Wear to a Fall Luncheon

What Hat and Dress to Wear to Lunch

by Kathleen Lisson

I went to lunch at the Country Club of Troy with two of my fellow Daughters of the American Revolution.

I am excited to see what our chapter will learn next year - guest speakers lined up include representatives from the Literacy Volunteers of Rensselaer County and a young man who is campaigning to erect a statue of Revolutionary War veteran Col. Albert Pawling in Troy.

I love this Eva Franco dress, but the shoulders are just a bit too long. They are meant to go below the elbow and I always push them up, scrunching the fabric.

I like wearing a beret in fall because it covers my head but doesn't blow away in the Autumn wind like a brimmed hat would. It seems as if the wind stirs up the leaves every day in November! 




Beret - Galeries Lafayette, Paris
Dress: Eva Franco
Pearls - Ross-Simons

Shared with the Style Crone

Know a lady who loves to wear hats?

Please share this blog with her - it will make her day!
Want to feel inspired to wear hats?
Follow Thats a Pretty Hat

9 comments:

  1. I completely love that dress!! The contrast of black and taupe is great. I think you made a great choice pairing it with the beret hat. You look fabulous!!

    Having fun with fashion...new post in:
    Mysmallwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dress, Kathleen, and the beret was a nice touch:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beret! Wonderful outfit! Happy Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, this is so perfect! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, very pretty dress, and the beret is a clever match for it! You could have gone with a more feminine hat shape, but the beret gives the outfit an entirely chic and Parisienne feel. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful in this dress and I love the hat.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more! I've been wearing berets all through October and November and I'm itching to wear my wide-brimmed hats and a few cloches but they just seem to blow away at the moment! Your dress is so ladylike and pretty. I have shoulder issues with dresses as I have very narrow shoulders so I can understand the scrunching !!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am a lover of berets, and this find from Paris perfectly accessorizes your beautiful dress. Thank you for linking to Hat Attack.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. I want each post to be the beginning of a conversation, so I try to respond to every comment. Please let me know how you feel!